Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2015 Suburban 1500 LTZ front struts.

Search this Thread

Old June 8th, 2017, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Suburban 1500 LTZ front struts.

we have purchased a lease return LTZ with 67,000 miles on it. four months into it I noticed the front struts were leaking (out of warranty), FML! the ride
was getting worse and worse now there locked up and it rides like a racing truck (not fun). checked with my friend at my local Chev dealer, No service bulletins, No recalls. so I bought $1000.00 worth of struts (assuming its the magnetic style). there are two wires coming out the top stud. I'll be installing them this weekend. anybody have this issue? will there be a recall?
Old August 31st, 2017, 7:06 PM
CF Beginner

Hey, we just had the same thing at 49,000 miles. There is a a TSB, it's TSB #PIT5429. I'm out of warranty as well but I pushed on it a bit and GM agreed to cover it all except about $400. I am incredibly disappointed with the issue, even with the extended coverage from GM. I have papers written to buy an Acura MDX and will be purchasing that soon. (we don't really need the Suburban's capabilities, just wanted it...). I believe GM has a real issue on its hands with these struts, I am religious with my vehicle maintenance and we are light duty, with just a couple family trips loaded with luggage a year and nothing to tow. There is no excuse for them to fail.

Good luck getting your fixed if you have not done it already, hope it works out.
Old September 1st, 2017, 7:42 AM
CF Beginner

Great info thanks.