Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

2016 dash noise

Search this Thread

Old June 28th, 2016, 6:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 dash noise

Just bought a 2016 Malibu and have a intermittent vibration in the dash. We took it to the local dealer Robbins Chevy and the service adviser rode in the car and did hear it so we made an appointment to get it fixed.

He then called me today to say that the tech could not hear anything so there is nothing they can do. Nice...

Does anyone else have this issue?
Old July 4th, 2016, 7:33 PM
CF Beginner

Hello Texan2,

I have a 2016 Camaro and 2016 Tahoe, both have rattles, squeaks and vibrations from all the plastic, dash, doors, plastic around the gear shifter etc. Nowadays everything is clip on type attachments which does this everytime you go over bumps or even a little rough road. You will Not believe my Camaro which is like 50K sometimes I hear vibrations at just idling and I have to just press a few places around the zone where I hear it and it go away for sometime.
Old September 25th, 2016, 5:19 PM
CF Beginner

Yes, I have the same problem with my 2016 Malibu. Took it back to the dealer. Service said that they could not fix it without a recall issued by GM. It's a shame that an otherwise well engineered car has such an annoying defect.
Old October 18th, 2017, 11:02 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same Issue on 2017 Malibu

It is driving me insane...any time there is a bumpy road the thing rattles. I have taken video of it and sent to the dealership. They have had my car in 4 times and can never get it to happen when they are driving it. Seriously you have video...but no...took it again yesterday with the same result. I feel I have paid too much for a car to rattle as much as this one does. I am calling Chevy at this point. My husband wants them to give me a new car. LOL