Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

350sbc starter

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2019, 3:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350sbc starter

I'm missing a small chunk off the block where one of the starter bolts threads.. All the threads seem to be there and it bolts in tight but I'm scared of it coming loose under torque. Would locktite be enough or is it necessary to drill in another mounting hole? TIA Chris

Last edited by Sno96; February 17th, 2019 at 4:05 PM.
Old February 17th, 2019, 9:46 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Sno96
I'm missing a small chunk off the block where one of the starter bolts threads.. All the threads seem to be there and it bolts in tight but I'm scared of it coming loose under torque. Would locktite be enough or is it necessary to drill in another mounting hole? TIA Chris
How far past the damaged portion of the 350 block will it thread? What broke it off in the first place? Did it strike something hard?
Old February 18th, 2019, 7:45 AM
CF Monarch

Received 343 Likes on 324 Posts

Can you post a picture of the broken area?
Old February 19th, 2019, 9:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure how it broke, I bought this truck needing starter failed to mention the broken block. I purchased a power master hi torque mini. Some how I missed the block has 3, so I just used 3 bolts. I think it will hold fine. Now I've got a new problem. Just cranks no start. Seems the battery don't have enough juice. I'll get a new one tomorrow see if that is the cure. Fingers crossed!