Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

84 Chevy S10 rear brakes and rear brake cylinder

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2017, 2:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84 Chevy S10 rear brakes and rear brake cylinder

I recently bought an 84 S10 that needed a break line from the axle to the rear wheel cylinder and it also needed a rear brake wheel cylinder.
when I went to take off the drum I noticed almost all of the hardware was missing I'm trying to reference from the other side I will provide pictures of both sides.
I also wanted to know for the rear brake line do I need to just go to my local parts store and tell them the diameter and links I need and have them cut it and flare it?
also what is the peace at the top of the pictured brakes that are assembled, I am missing that as well.
what is a good Hardware set that will come with all of the things I need can someone please help
Needs hardware kit and wheel cylinder
I think this pivot arm is missing something to be able to reach the adjuster (which is still there) to adjust the drums
My reference side
Old May 23rd, 2017, 7:45 AM
CF Monarch

Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts

I would go to a U Pick junk yard and get everything I need.
Old May 23rd, 2017, 8:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you

Thank you for your reply however I found all the parts I need including the shoe guide.
do you think it would be wise to get the rear brake line from a junkyard?
Old May 23rd, 2017, 9:47 AM
CF Monarch

Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts

Yes, if you examine it real good and make sure it is in good condition. Flush it out also before use.
Advance and Autozone have steel brake lines pre-made in different lengths with the fittings. Measure yours and they may have one close enough so you can use it. They are straight and you will have to bend them.