Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

86+ carbureted sbc 350 how to twin turbo install help

Search this Thread

Old January 31st, 2021, 8:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86+ carbureted sbc 350 how to twin turbo install help

Hi everyone, so my younger brother just bought a super charger for his cressida and ofcourse that made me wonder is he gonna beat my stingray. So I have a couple of brand new Garrett's 35 sitting on a closet I also have intercooler waste gates blow off oil lines however I've never installed a turbo on a v8 carbureted engine I dont want to blow up the engine on the first dyno pull, besides fabricating headers and pipes and getting a top hat what else do I need. I have a edelbrock intake plenum with matching 650 cfm carb can I modify it what's the most boost I can add I'm still building the engine so not sure how much compression I'll get before the turbo but I think is somewhere between 8.5 and 9.1 it has a scat rotating assembly with wiseco pistons, I'm still in the process of choosing cam and heads please any help on what needs to be done is greatly appreciated.
Old February 3rd, 2021, 8:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never mind I'm getting a holley self tuning efi after all I invested on this build why risk it. Cheers!