Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

95 lumina 3.1 Another no crank no start situation

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2015, 12:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 lumina 3.1 Another no crank no start situation

Hello everyone, here we go. Started car ran 2 or 3 seconds, and guess what? Dead as a doornail after. Have dash lights and security light goes out like it should, but no crank. Did key chip thing 2.37 k ohms. Bought resitors installed, still nothing. Took resistors out now my readings are 0 switch prongs on vm and reading is now -.527. Checked all fuses (good). Tried relearn thing with negative results. Jumped solenoid. Minimum spark but no crank. Kept battery charged during all this. Pulled and bench tested starter. Appears good. Removed glove box to find relays. What a stupid place to put them. With glove box out the convienence panel clicks when I try to start and so does horn relay. Checked fusible links on both sides of starter wires. Have power to both anti theft and I believe starter relay. Turn key and now two wires are hot but no click in either. Been playing with this for three days, but only a couple hours each day cause i get frustrated and have to walk away. So, HELP, what am I missing and what do I really need to do to fix this problem besides put a bullet in it. My eys and brain hurt from reading all the posts on agazillion sites. And overloaded the gray matter so I can't think. 15 A work has never been my thing, toooooo many wires and I'm color blind to top it off. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. And thanks for reading my whine menu.