Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

97 GMC Sierra dome light and heater issues

Search this Thread

Old September 24th, 2013, 12:35 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 GMC Sierra dome light and heater issues

I have a 1997 GMC Sierra, having several issues, my dome light is not working at all, I have push the dome override button, remove the dash panel and took the switch off and blew compress air in it, i have even replaced the whole switch, what i figure thou with some electronic abilitys i have, is that the yellow wire coming off the plug is your dome light i think cause i took a peice of wire and acted like the switch the dome light came on, so if anybody has any ideas what going on i appreciate it!, Also having issues with my heater, I have remove the heater hoses from the heater core and flushed the heater core, hoses are hot, and im still not getting heat at all, no matter where i turn the thermostat from hot or cold on the switch it still blowing out cold air, and no matter what position im in face, floor, defrost it still blows out the vents and not the defrost or floor on any position, can anybody please help
Old September 24th, 2013, 12:40 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry heres the specs to my vehicle: 97 GMC Sierra SL, 305 5 speed 4x4, 2 door standard cab