Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

AC Delco battery date code

Search this Thread

Old October 18th, 2009, 1:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Delco battery date code

Can someone tell me when this ACdelco battery was manufactured? This battery is in my 1998 chevy K1500 truck, I'm the original owner. Funny thing is that I can not remember replacing it in 2007 (old age I guess), so is it possible that it is still the original battery, built in 1997. It just started to die on me so I was going to replace it but if it is a 2007 I need to try to get some warrenty out of it. I had read somewhere that said if there is a green eye sight it was pre 200?, making it a 1997 battery. If this a 1997, maybe ACDelco would want to use it in a commercial, lol.

Thanks for your help
Attached Thumbnails AC Delco battery date code-battery-bar-code-2.jpg   AC Delco battery date code-battery-date-code_opt-1.jpg  
Old October 18th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi 1956midwaywagon,

Welcome to the Chevy Forums.

Judging from the appearance of the battery, it only looks 2 years old.

Pro-rate dating is generally done with month/year stickers on older batteries.

The UPC code at the bottom right will probably will give any Delco battery distributor the information he needs to give you credit for your purchase.

Most factory batteries are generally designed only to outlive your warranty, so it's highly unlikely it survived 12 years, which is about 3 standard battery lifetimes.

Unless there happens to be a Delco battery expert out there, it seems you may have to take it to an AC Delco battery retailer and have it scanned.

Last edited by therewolf; October 18th, 2009 at 1:08 PM.