Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

AC System

Search this Thread

Old June 22nd, 2018, 1:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC System

Hello Family,
I'm wondering what caused the change in my A/C system. Recently I replaced the battery and now when I drive for a bit, park, then start back driving, the temp on the thermometer drops down to a random (-) degree temp. I would have to drive and allow the temp to raise again before running the air or else it blows heat. This also happens in heavy stop and go traffic. I tried re-calibrating the system by removing the necessary fuses for a few minutes, then re-inserting them, turn the key and let the system reset. But that didn't seem to stop the occurrence of heat blowing due to the thermometer temp drop when the a/c is on. Any Ideas on what I may need to do?? (If what I said makes sense)

02 Trailblazer
Old June 22nd, 2018, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

not sure what thermometer reading you are referring to or what vehicle build you have...

if the a/c system warms up when stopped but goes colder moving...make sure the cooling fans are running all the time the a.c is turned on. if not, that is the problem.
Old July 3rd, 2018, 10:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Tech2...I'll keep an eye out...I may end up getting it checked out..