Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

air testing a trans

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2010, 3:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air testing a trans

Hello, im about to finish my 700r4 build, can this unit be airtested using the case ports as well? also when testing the clutch pack assembled into the pump only, they all worked. But i did notice a little air escaping between the pump halves near the oil port i was testing, I would assume the maybe normal.

thanks
Old April 4th, 2010, 1:04 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buying a transmission manual will yield much better results than anything else. every transmission model is different. but if your getting leakage between the pump halves thats normally not good. remember that pump can produce enough line pressure to literally blow your case apart. thats why theres a spring in there to let most of the pressure escape.
Old April 4th, 2010, 2:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya, i have a man.. but its shows all the other test i done.. but not the airtest with the VB removed..

the pump was checked out at a shop.. i only seen a little leakage where i was blowing air.. accoring to them once its in the case and torqued down it should be fine..

after doing some searches seems that the test i want to do requires a plate that bolts down in place of the VB.. then i can apply air..

any way

thanks