Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Attention GM Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2016, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention GM Customer Service

What is going to be done about the engine power reduced problem your cars are experiencing? No way should cars that have between 30,000-60,00 miles have a problem this dangerous or expensive. Furthermore what about the people that have already incurred the expense and inconvenience of being without a car. Will you make it right and reimburse them? Issue a recall for those who bought your cars but have yet to experience this extremely dangerous situation?
Old February 18th, 2016, 9:47 PM
CF Veteran

if you can explain which of the literally 1,000s of issues that activate that safety feature to recall maybe they would
Old February 19th, 2016, 9:01 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian6269
What is going to be done about the engine power reduced problem your cars are experiencing? No way should cars that have between 30,000-60,00 miles have a problem this dangerous or expensive. Furthermore what about the people that have already incurred the expense and inconvenience of being without a car. Will you make it right and reimburse them? Issue a recall for those who bought your cars but have yet to experience this extremely dangerous situation?
Hello Brian6269,

We certainly understand your continued frustration with this concern. Customer safety is at the heart of our business and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. The feedback you've given will be documented within our system and made readily available by the appropriate department for further review. I do see that your agent is proactively looking into this issue. For your reference, I've made her aware of your current discontent as well. Should you have any additional questions or concerns regarding your case, feel free to send us a direct message.

Sincerely,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 15th, 2017, 2:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pissed off customer that would love answers

Hi! I would also love to know what GM plans to do about the engine power reduced message! We have our truck in the shop now a very dangerous experience yesterday...we were driving down the hwy at 70mph and our truck reduced engine power and brought us to a speed of just over 10 mph!!! Now they're telling us they'll cover the throttle position sensor but not the pedal position sensor. They also won't guarantee that that will fix the issue! I've read about thousands of people with the same problem and spend anywhere from $800-$2000 to "fix" a problem that never ends up getting fixed! Quite a few people have said the only thing that fixes the issue is removing the onstar module which apparently is throwing the wrong codes. Again, Chevy offers no guarantees, horrible customer service, and I've tried to get in touch with corporate to ask why they think they should only replace the one part that's causing other parts to go bad. You created the problem and I'd love to talk to someone about how they're going to actually fix it! There's more than enough people that have experienced the exact same issue to warrant a lawsuit! We've been a GM family our whole lives but we will NEVER purchase another GM vehicle again.
The following users liked this post:
Adamdgam (January 7th, 2021)
Old November 4th, 2017, 11:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default Engine power reduced service stabilitrack

This lady has point I've out 3000 into this issue and it still isn't fixed nobody at Gm has an answer. I'm buying a dodge
Old February 28th, 2018, 6:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks