Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Automatic Locks and Factory Radio

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2013, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic Locks and Factory Radio

Good evening. I just purchased a Chevy Z71. It has only two issues that I was hoping you guys could help me with.

First, when you start the vehicle and put her in gear, the doors lock automatically as they should. When you put her back in park, kill the engine and remove the key from the ignition, the doors do not unlock automatically. I have to hit the unlock button. Any thoughts?

Second, I cannot seem to tune in a radio station with the automatic seek button. If I tune it by turning the ****, I can pick up a station here or there. Stations I know that should come in loud and clear don't come in at all. The only antenna on the truck is the roof top antenna. I am getting the Xm radio preview loud and clear. Is that same roof top antenna used also for fm and am stations?

Thank you in advance.
Old October 5th, 2013, 9:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Upon further research on this fantastic website, I solved my automatic door lock issue. Thanks.