Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Battery Good, Truck Completely Dead

Search this Thread

Old April 30th, 2012, 6:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Good, Truck Completely Dead

I was trying to reset my tire monitoring system today. I was following directions I got online, but apparently I did something horribly wrong. I went from a "service tire monitor system" to it saying service the stability trac and all sorts of other stuff. Not knowing what I did my dad suggested disconnecting the battery to try and reset everything. I did that and now my truck is completely dead. Nothing lights up or works, and I mean NOTHING. Any advice as to what I should do, or what the problem is?

2007 Silverado LTZ Z71 4x4.

UPDATE

Update on the problem. When I plug the battery up to a charger the dash lights come on, and I get a message saying service "battery charging system" "stability trac off" then it dies.

Last edited by jashley37; April 30th, 2012 at 7:07 PM.
Old April 30th, 2012, 7:06 PM
CF Beginner

Update on the problem. When I plug the battery up to a charger the dash lights come on, and I get a message saying service "battery charging system" "stability trac off" then it dies.
Old April 30th, 2012, 7:42 PM
CF Monarch

Received 341 Likes on 322 Posts

If everything was ok before you disconnected the battery, then you need to make sure you are getting good solid connections at the battery to the cables. These side terminal batteries can be tricky sometimes to get a good connection.
Old April 30th, 2012, 8:47 PM
CF Beginner

could be as simple as a bad ground.dont just tighten em, take em loose,wire brush em,then tighten everything.a guy i work with had a similiar if not exact problem and ended up replacing the pcm.if you know someone with a good diagnostic computer that would help too