Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

braking issues!!! help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2013, 12:40 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default braking issues!!! help please!!!

I had my brakes and rotors changed about for months ago... They've been great until yesterday! I was driving a started hearing a horrible grinding sound when stopping and while driving! Then a couple blocks down it starts to pull to the right and when I tried to stop the pedal hits the floor and is very slow to stop... Took wheel off and checked brakes and rotors and they still look great, checked fluid and that looks fine too!!! Also I found like little pieces of rubber and metal inside the hub cap. I had a friend tell me to check the mc and its fine. I have no idea what else it could be! Please help!!!!

Other things is that im not able to back up with out it locking up and making a nails on the chalk board noise!
Old May 31st, 2013, 2:18 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Allie,

I am sorry to hear you are having these concerns with your brakes and rotors. By chance, did you have them changed at a GM dealership? There is a parts warranty for this.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service