Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Broken instrument panel plastic replacement

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2017, 8:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken instrument panel plastic replacement

Hey all,
Long story short, the plastic shielding that covers the dash instrument panel on my truck is broken. I would like to replace it, but I am not sure if the plastic is integral to the entire unit, or can be purchased separately. Anyone have any luck or experience in doing this?

My truck is a 2005 Silverado, 1500, V8, 5.3L, though I'm guessing many models use the same panel.

Thank you in advance!
Old January 4th, 2017, 11:03 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Dealer might be able to help you for a truck that age, but cost wise you will do much better shopping the local salvage yards. I have found dash & other interior parts for my 93 suburban on ebay and have been happy with price and quality.
Old January 5th, 2017, 8:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednucleus
Dealer might be able to help you for a truck that age, but cost wise you will do much better shopping the local salvage yards. I have found dash & other interior parts for my 93 suburban on ebay and have been happy with price and quality.
I think at this point, I have not quite arrived at the 'where to get it' phase, as much as what should I get. In that - I am not sure if I am going to have to replace the entire dash instrument panel, or if I can get away with just the plastic over it. I am not sure if they are sealed together, as I have not actually removed the instrument panel yet.