Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Captiva suddenly has horrible acceleration!

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2021, 11:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Captiva suddenly has horrible acceleration!

New here so I hope I'm posting in the correct place. I have a 2013 Captiva Sport 4 cylinder/flex fuel/automatic. About a year ago the dealership put a new engine in because it was DRINKING oil (much worse than the known issue). Afterwards my wife said it felt like the acceleration would barely cut out, almost unnoticeable. This past month I've noticed when I start the car and back down the driveway it sputters and stalls, but would fire back up and drive fine. I just assumed gas wasn't registering because we sit on a steep driveway. Couple nights ago my wife said it stalled coming to a stop, but last night it got really bad. Didn't stall, but as I pulled onto the main road it started jerking and sputtering exactly like it was running out of gas. I put it in neutral and it would act perfectly normal when given gas. Put it in gear and a barely made it the 1/4 mile back home. Was gonna change the fuel filter until I found out it's in the tank. Any suggestions at all about what it might be? Thank you for any feedback
Old April 17th, 2021, 8:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 512 Likes on 472 Posts

check engine light on? if yes...post the codes.
if the cel was flashing...the engine is misfiring
Old April 17th, 2021, 10:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing coming on. Scanned it and no codes are popping up.

Yesterday it I took it to the store and no problems at all. Today I ran one of my other cars dead by accident and used the Captiva to jump it. It stalled after about 30 seconds, but fired up and ran normal