Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2004 center console cigarette lighter blown out

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2009, 12:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2004 center console cigarette lighter blown out

In the 2004 Cavalier there are two cigarette lighters, one near the steering wheel, and the other in the center console, near the passengers feet. In my car the one in the center console has blown out. I have been unable to find a fuse for this one. Any ideas? I have pull out the center console, and see nothing wrong just the wires running under the carpet to the front of the car. I have also checked all of the fuses in the drivers side door fuse box, and the fuse box under the hood. Any ideas?
Old June 1st, 2009, 7:35 AM
CF Active Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

There has to be a relais or a fuse for it. Because otherwise you would have a flat battery if you accidently let the GPS or cell phone charger in it.
Old June 1st, 2009, 11:23 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

There are 2 fuses in the instrument panel fuse block.
One is labelled APO and the other labelled CIG
both are rated at 20amps
Old January 6th, 2016, 1:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center console 12v answer

Hi, I know I'm six years late but if anyone stumbles upon this thread having the same issue, like me:

The 20A fuse labeled APO is what you're looking for!

Originally Posted by quentusrex
In the 2004 Cavalier there are two cigarette lighters, one near the steering wheel, and the other in the center console, near the passengers feet. In my car the one in the center console has blown out. I have been unable to find a fuse for this one. Any ideas? I have pull out the center console, and see nothing wrong just the wires running under the carpet to the front of the car. I have also checked all of the fuses in the drivers side door fuse box, and the fuse box under the hood. Any ideas?