Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Code P0496 Express Van

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2017, 3:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Code P0496 Express Van

Hi Everyone, I have this problem with my fathers 2007 Express Van 1500 v6 RWD......its been bugging THE CRAP out of me! So for the past few months ECM throws code p0496, we have replaced the vapor canister, purge valve twice! and vent valve twice! Van starts up right way there are no hard starts, runs and drive very smooth, same code comes back after a week or so after clearing it. We have also done maintenance on the van, ran seafoam, replaced spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor, theres no misfire, engine sounds nice and smooth. Has anyone had this issue before, because i dont know what else to do besides take it to the dealer? Thanks
Old June 11th, 2017, 11:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hopefully helpful

There are cases where codes are thrown for no apparent reason. Just simething to consider
Old June 12th, 2017, 7:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

codes do not set for no reason; the cause of the fault hasn't been fixed.

p0496 will set if the ecm detects purge during a non purge condition or the fuel tank pressure decreases less than a calibrated value.

the next step is to check if the fuel tank pressure sensor is functioning correctly. With a scan tool; what value does the ftp sensor read?