Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Cooling Fan Issue

Search this Thread

Old September 19th, 2010, 7:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling Fan Issue

Good Evening,

I'm working on a 2003 Impala with a 3400 V6. The owner has noticed that while she is driving the temp gauge goes above normal and the fans don't come on. I've disconnected the temp sensor and the fans still don't come on. I've checked the 60amp Maxi fuze and it's fine. I am leaning towards replacing the fans but didn't think it was normal for both fans to go out at the same time. I am getting codes P0480 and P0481.

I would like to test the fans before replacing them, I have seen the threads which mention grounding the fans but I am not exactly sure about the correct procedure. If anybody can help with this I would be appreciative. My email address is diverdad84@yahoo.com if you would be willing to send instructions and pictures, if available, it sure would help.

Any other advice on this issue would be great.

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited by johnsonjf; September 19th, 2010 at 7:23 PM. Reason: Additional Information