Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

dexos comparible oils

Search this Thread

Old July 14th, 2017, 9:28 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dexos comparible oils

I just picked up a 2011 1500 lt.had a Nissan titan for 8 years but it was in need of much work in the front end and it had problems with the 4wd plusbroken springs.anyway...I was reading the owners manual and learned about the dexos oil.now..is it truly mandatory and surely gm couldn't have designed something thatcant/wont be able to use all oils certifiedby the api.the idea of that sounds rediculuos to me.many pplhave 0 knowledge about engines and vehicles so they jus tbring it to a garage which doesn't ensure that everyone in America has this oil on hand.its in the owners manual and all over the web,but not one sticker or label under the hood stating youmust use dexos or else.is conventional quakerstate oil and the like at all parts stores not ok for use in these new gms.its an everyday age old v8...not some boosted evo or exotic sports car.i mean...ill use it if I have to but whos to say nobodyever has before.i didn't buy this new.it camefrom south Carolina with 50k.ultra clean truck.[I live way upstate new York in the mountains..akaroad salt!!]