Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Disabling Enhanced Theft Deterrent System

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2021, 7:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disabling Enhanced Theft Deterrent System

Hi All:
I have a new-to-me 2020 Chevy Suburban Premier that has the optional UTT Theft Deterrent system installed. Per the Window sticker it’s called Theft Deterrent System—Body and was a $410 option. This is the system that removes the sunglass holder and replaces it with motion sensors and a inclination sensor among other things. It has a disable switch in the overhead console but that needs to be pressed each time one is leaving the vehicle.

I am looking for a way to permanently disable this advanced feature. We have had false alarms several times—like when a large truck drives past the parked Suburban. We often leave our dog in the truck for short periods and if we forget to press the disable button before exiting, he will set off the alarm as he moves around. Oh, and when I hook up the trailer, the inclination sensor sets off the alarm, too.

I spoke with my local independent service shop and they said they cannot program the system at that level. I also called my local Chevy dealer and they, too, said this option cannot be disabled. It seems to me if one can add this as an option, it should be able to be disabled.

Is there a way through the OBDII or service computer? I have had suggestions of pulling a fuse but I would prefer something more “civil.” LOL
Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.