Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

The dreaded reduced power light

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2016, 11:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The dreaded reduced power light

Ok so I've read countless posts about this but let me tell you what I have. I have a 2003 chevy tahoe with a 4.8 v8. So my reduced power light came on so I had the codes read. It says I have a bad throttle body so I replaced it. Still not fixed so I replaced the throttle body pig tail still no fix. Any other ideas I have to go out of town soon
Old July 8th, 2016, 8:26 AM
CF Veteran

what were the codes? there are no codes that say the throttle body is bad or any other part in most cases. Where did you get your replacement part?
Old July 8th, 2016, 1:35 PM
CF Beginner

I forget the codes but there were a lot some were brake sensor codes the other that a code for the actulator. I ordered the part from a gm supplier
Old July 8th, 2016, 1:57 PM
CF Beginner

I forget the codes but there were a lot some were brake sensor codes the other that a code for the actulator. I ordered the part from a gm supplier the code is a p1516 Tac module throttle actuator performance is what just now came up
Old July 10th, 2016, 3:22 PM
CF Beginner

Update I put a big thick ground strap on the engine to the frame still doing the same