Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

EVAP System Monitor

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2012, 10:41 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVAP System Monitor

I recently replaced my secondary air injection system on my 2007 Impala. I have driven my car over 350 miles to get the monitors to reset. The EVAP system monitor is the only one that still need to be reset. I need to get my car smogged so I can get it registered here in Vegas and they wont let it pass unless all monitors are ok. What can I do to get this montior to reset?
Thanks

Chevrolet
-Impala 2007
-2WD
-3.9L
-LT
Old October 24th, 2012, 11:10 PM
CF Junior Member

I asked the same question about my 04 Silverado, I replaced the vent valve solenoid and my scanner said the evap system was not ready. I was told that the evap system is very slow to reset and to keep driving. That said, my truck was showing no code when I took it in for inspection and it passed.
Old October 25th, 2012, 4:14 AM
CF Beginner

I just came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my

thoughts with you.

Mac Cosmetics Outlet Cheap Moncler Jackets Tiffany & Co Outlet

Beats Dr Dre Giacche Belstaff
Old October 25th, 2012, 9:40 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> gally84,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Did you replace the injection system yourself or did you have the work done at your local dealer?

Louis
GM Customer Service