Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

First post, might as well help me pick a car....

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2015, 10:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First post, might as well help me pick a car....

My 18 year old daughter has been driving a 1999 Dodge Dakota club cab, 5.2L, with a quarter million miles on it for over 2 years now. No tickets, no accidents, and no dings. It is starting to need repairs that will cost more than I want to spend on it.

Daughter will be going to college in the fall, and I was going to get her a newer more reliable car anyway, so I guess it's gonna be now.

We test drove some cars. Hated the Mazda 3 and the Ford Focus. Liked the Chevy Cruze and the Honda Civic. The Honda is going to be out of our budget. So I got it down to the Cruze........until I started looking at the Malibu. Haven't test drove one yet, but will be tomorrow or Friday.

I am looking at the 2012 Cruze or 2012 Malibu. She will be driving and parking on campus, but keep in mind they are both smaller than the Dakota, or the other 2 vehicles we have, which she is used to driving.

So, what is your opinion on which car to really consider?

Thanks for your help in advance.