Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Front End Clunk/Click Not the typical clunking we all know and and hate.

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2015, 4:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front End Clunk/Click Not the typical clunking we all know and and hate.

Hey fellas, i have a 1999 Chevy 2500 4x4 and having some front end noises. Its a clunking/clicking sound coming from the drivers side i believe. It started this winter while plowing and it just went away and couldnt get it to do it again. Now its back. It only happens when ive used 4wd but NOT while 4wd is engaged. Cant hear it at higher speeds but when iam coming to a stop (15-0 mph) its a fast click and slows while iam slowing down. Again, it doesn't do it if 4wd is engaged, but only happens when 4wd has recently been used. Any ideas? Thinking maybe an axle shaft? Thanks.
Old June 11th, 2015, 4:06 AM
CF Beginner

Bump.
Old June 5th, 2016, 9:35 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevy_to_the_Levy
Bump.
Chevy to the levy did you ever find a solution to you're problem ? I'm having a similar issue I know what the steering colum noise is , but mine seems to be the front differential or cv axle .