Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Fuel pressure regulator location

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2020, 5:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pressure regulator location

I own a 2007 Silverado ( new body style). I am having issues with the fuel pressure regulator ( pressure bleeds slowly down and hard starts first start of the day). I believe my pressure regulator is going out. Problem is the regulator is not mounted on the fuel rail as I thought it would be. So I believe the only other location would be in the fuel tank?
any help appreciated.
4 wheel drive
LTZ PACKAGE
Old August 14th, 2020, 7:06 AM
CF Monarch

Received 343 Likes on 324 Posts

Welcome from Florida. Does your truck run good after it starts? If it does then your problem is not with the fuel pressure regulator. More than likely you have a bad check valve in the fuel pump assembly. You can either change the fuel pump or add a check valve in the fuel line.
Old June 19th, 2021, 11:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Pressure Regulator in a 93 Caprice LS 5.0 V8 Engine

Hey everyone,

My car has to crank for 3-5 seconds before starting. This can be a cold start in the morning or after sitting for ten minutes. I had a diagnostic test performed and the starter failed the test. A mechanic however said it was not my starter but my fuel pressure regulator. After watching various youtube videos and reading my manual, I think the fuel pressure regulator is located underneath the throttle body. Does that sound right?

If anyone has a picture of where it is located that would be greatly appreciated too. I found what looks like a fuel pressure regulator but it is located near the top right of the firewall on the drivers' side.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!