Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Fuel Pressure Specifications for 454 SPFI

Search this Thread

Old September 15th, 2020, 3:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure Specifications for 454 SPFI

I have since sold my motor home but Ican certainly relate to your anxiety. I too did an on-trip fuel filter replacement and wondered whether Itruly fixed it. I can say that I took three more trips and the problem did not occur again so I really believeit was the filter.

Originally Posted by lkaras99
I am looking to find out what the fuel pressure specifications are for a Sequential Port Fuel Injected 454. For my vehicle I took the following Data and trying to judge whether this is within specifications.

At Key On - Surges to 58 psi and then drops back to 52 psi
At Idle - 49 psi
Upon Light Acceleration - 53 - 55 psi
At WOT - 58 psi
Upon Engine Shutdown - Surges to 58 then drops back to 52
Very Little Pressure decay after shutdown - 51 psi at 10 minutes 49 psi an hour later

Does this look "normal" for this engine with SPFI? I had engine troubles on a trip. I replaced the fuel filter on the road which seems to have solved the issue based on no issues on my return trip but am trying to be proactive to determine whether I have a weak fuel pump or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.