Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Fuel Pump Control Module 08 Avalanche

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2019, 7:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Fuel Pump Control Module 08 Avalanche

Engine light code yielded PO69E Fuel pump control module.....ordered pre programmed replacement based on internet research. Replacement seemed pretty straight forward relative to location of module under spare tire. However under closer inspection the module is not located there....and some indications are it might actually be in the fuel tank itself. I am trying to DYI although I am not a mechanic....but if the module is in the fuel tank I may not have a choice. Any feedback from the collective is greatly appreciated.
Old May 1st, 2019, 7:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

post a pic of what you got and the part number.
Old May 1st, 2019, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

Old May 1st, 2019, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

Old May 1st, 2019, 9:12 PM
Super Moderator

the service information I have show the fpcm located in front of the fuel tank. This module would require programming after installation.

easiest way to identify if you have a fpcm or not....systems without a fpcm have a fuel pump fuse in the underhood fuse block. system with a fpcm...the relay location is blank.

The only thing in the tank on both is the fuel pump module...ie fuel pump and level sensor....this is not to be confused with a fuel pump CONTROL module which is a computer
Old May 1st, 2019, 10:10 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you tech2! So I pulled the fuse box cover off and found there is a fuel pump fuse.....but that wouldn't explain why the engine light code clearly states fuel pump control module...would it?
Also, are you saying that if the fuel pump fuse is there I wouldn't have the fuel pump control module?

Thanks again for your help
Old May 1st, 2019, 10:32 PM
CF Beginner

Closer inspection the FSCM is mounted in the front of the fuel tank....however the mounting screws holding in place are inaccessible. how can i remove the existing module?
Old May 2nd, 2019, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

I meant to say relay not fuse.

hard to explain so read slowly...lol
if the end of the screws have external torx heads on the screw tips.....they probably are meant to be turned clockwise and the entire module slide up so the screw heads fit out larger holes in the bracket.
Old November 30th, 2019, 1:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess it's a little late now, but it's located under the drivers door in front of the fuel tank. I have to replace mine because of constant codes.
Old December 11th, 2019, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

Angry 2008 Avalanche Fuel Pump Relay

If you look at the schematic under the fuse box cover, it will indicate that the fuel pump relay, (labelled "FUEL PMP" on the map,) is located under fuses 25 and 26. BUT, when you look at the actual fuses and relays, you will find that it IS NOT THERE! What treachery is this? Maybe you will find it on the diesel motors, but you won't find it on either the 5.3 or 6.0 gas motors from 2007 on up. This is because everything (except 2 20a fuses still in the engine fuze box,) has been moved and consolidated into a fuel system control module and relocated on the underside of the truck over the spare tire. Yes, you will have to remove the spare tire to get to it.

Bad news. This location has resulted in numerous error codes due to the inevitable water intrusion. (What were the GM Engineers thinking?) More bad news. If you replace the module yourself, you may still need to have it programmed. Your Chevy/GM dealership will be happy to charge you an obscene amount of money for this easy service, or you can check out Youtube for an answer.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Control Module 08 Avalanche