Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

G30 Brake issue

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2019, 11:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G30 Brake issue

I have a 1994/95 Chevy chassis motorhome with a brake issue. I am not getting brake fluid to the left front caliper. I have traced the line back to the frame on the right side. I don't know if it is a rwal or a 4 wheel abs system. The front line from the proportioning valve goes to the abs system and out to the front wheels and the rear line comes into it and out to the rear drums. Disconnect the line from the side of the unit and it will not bleed. The right front will bleed at the caliper and at the brake system. What can I do to get fluid to the front left caliper? Any help will greatly appreciated Randy
Old March 22nd, 2019, 3:07 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba1957
I have a 1994/95 Chevy chassis motorhome with a brake issue. I am not getting brake fluid to the left front caliper. I have traced the line back to the frame on the right side. I don't know if it is a rwal or a 4 wheel abs system. The front line from the proportioning valve goes to the abs system and out to the front wheels and the rear line comes into it and out to the rear drums. Disconnect the line from the side of the unit and it will not bleed. The right front will bleed at the caliper and at the brake system. What can I do to get fluid to the front left caliper? Any help will greatly appreciated Randy
I am no expert at vans or motorhomes, but I'd be looking at replacing the brake line, or take it out and blowing some high-pressure air through it so you know that the line isnt the problem. Doesn't look like your vehicle has much corrosion, so that's a plus, but it doesn't solve the issue. If the line is clear, then it has to be an ABS or proportioning valve issue, is my best guess.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; March 22nd, 2019 at 3:09 AM.