Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

gen 6 454 build

Search this Thread

Old June 7th, 2020, 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gen 6 454 build

so I currently have a 94 GMC c1500 with the 4.3 V6 in it and I was looking for something with more power and decided that If I'm going to swap the motor first off I'm getting rid of the junk 4l60e and also I'm going to just put a big block in it. So I found a 96 gen 6 454 that had a lifter go out in it but was just the short block with pistons still in it. Well, the pistons look like the dude took an air hammer to them so I'm getting new ones and connecting rods. I want to keep everything stock bore and stock stroke since I am only shooting for 400-500 HP out of it. And I hope for it to be streetable and put in some work towing as well. I found hotrods blue-collar build for a gen 4 454 and wanted to try and copy that. I just really need help to select heads and head gaskets for it. I found this cam that I am going to be using https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-cl01-414-8. So if anyone can help me out in finding the right heads and gaskets for it I would appreciate it.