Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

GForce chip..IAT sensor..how does it work

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2013, 2:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GForce chip..IAT sensor..how does it work

So I see this GForce chip advertised above...more torque, HP, etc...it says it plugs into the IAT sensor (Intake Air Temp)...whats it gonna do there? say it is warmer or colder than it really is? thus adjusting your fuel aire mix?...
Can someone explain what its doing.
Of course I am the firmest of believers in the old adage "if it sounds too good to be true then it probably isn't true"
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your right there IAT sensors are no good it just makes the computer think the air is colder changing your air/fuel mixture since the engine does run better on colder air the problem there is that your iat is not the only sensor talking to the computer about the air temp so your air fuel mix will change and your trimming will also but then it will go back to what is correct all that chip really is made of is a loop relay if you pulled it apart you would be mad you paid 60$ for it I promise. The next thing is it can possibly make a knock sensor go out because of the computer going back and forth and if you haven't changed a knock sensor be great-full you don't want to they are not convenient to get to