Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Good aftermarket 4.30 pistons and rods for budget build?

Search this Thread

Old July 26th, 2018, 10:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Good aftermarket 4.30 pistons and rods for budget build?

Building a SBC 350 for my nova. I have a older 350 that is going to be bored to .30 over, building this on a budget, plan is to put some vortec heads on with a comp cam 280. Just curious what are some decently affordable aftermarket pistons? Not sure what are better designs(flat top, domed, etc.) Just want to make decent cruising motor with a little get up to it!
Any help much appreciated -
Lane
Old July 27th, 2018, 1:37 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lridener7
Building a SBC 350 for my nova. I have a older 350 that is going to be bored to .30 over, building this on a budget, plan is to put some vortec heads on with a comp cam 280. Just curious what are some decently affordable aftermarket pistons? Not sure what are better designs(flat top, domed, etc.) Just want to make decent cruising motor with a little get up to it!
Any help much appreciated -
Lane
Summit Racing should have the pistons you want. They have all manner of pistons/styles. Of course, you need to decide how much compression ratio you want, else you'll have to run higher octane fuel, then the standard US 87 regular octane gasoline. Used to own a 1970 Chevy Nova myself. Great car, ladder frame, tough as nails:

https://www.summitracing.com/int/sea...9%2B4294884142