Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Hard hit on bumps

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2023, 10:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard hit on bumps

Hello everyone. I'm new here and not even sure where to post to get help. I found a way to post a new thread, so here I am.
2002 chevy silverado 2500 hd
My issue is this, i have a hard hit on bumps. Doesn't matter if it's 3mph or 50. It's a super rough ride and I feel ever Crack in the road. I've replaced shocks, rubber bump stops, upper and lower ball joints. There no play left to right or up to down in the wheels when jacked up in the front. I've pushed and pulled around on parts trying to find a bad bushing somewhere but yet to find anything. It's a loud thump or clunk like something is bottoming out but yet it doesn't even feel like the shocks are doing their job bc its just a hard hit and rough ride. I've been to a few shops and all of them are backed up. The clunk feels like it's under my feet or in the front of the vehicle. I figured I could see wear and tear from the constant hard hits but I find nothing. Can anyone help me pin point what this could possibly be?
Old March 19th, 2023, 7:41 AM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

Welcome from Florida. Did you check the sway bar bushings?
The following users liked this post:
Chris Wooten (March 19th, 2023)
Old March 19th, 2023, 9:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@oldchevy I appreciate your reply. Yes sir, there's a bar about 1.5 or 2 inch in diameter that has a few curves in it that goes across the front. I did see I think 2 mounts across it and from what I can see, the rubber looked and felt good. I didn't actually take it out though. But it has no play in it when I grab it and shake it firmly. I did notice the torsion bar bushing is gone on the driver side but idk if thatd be my issue. I appreciate your response. Did I post in the right place looking for help? Thank you for the welcoming!! Here from now ga/chattanooga area!
Old March 19th, 2023, 11:37 AM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

The following users liked this post:
Rednucleus (March 19th, 2023)