Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

headlight problems

Search this Thread

Old December 29th, 2009, 9:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight problems

Hopefully I will explain this the right way. I have been blowing the dashboard/tail light fuse for months. I have headlights and brakelights when this happens but my whole panel goes dark and I have no tail lights. I took it to someone who went over the vehicle and couldn't find any wiring problems. I also noticed that the headlights are no longer on when I start the vehicle. They were always on during the day and now they're not. The headlights work when I turn them on but when I hit the high beams the inside headlights go on but the outside headlights go off. Shouldn't all four lights be on when I hit the high beams? Thanks in advance for any suggestions, I'm due for inspection in a few days.

Patty
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:20 PM
CF Beginner

If you have headlight problem then
See if the light is burned out.
Check the fuse.
Check the Battery.
If this all are well then may be you have an electric problem.
Old January 5th, 2010, 11:27 PM
CF Junior Member

We had this prob on a corvette and literally this exact prob and what we found was on of a couple things and that was bad wiring internally not to the naked eye and the switch. As far as what we did was run fresh wire past the bad spot in front and rear cuz it was in more than one spot and changed the switch. that to care of it. Hope this helps lead you in the right direction.