Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

which scan tool?

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2010, 11:02 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default which scan tool?

done alot of searching on web and here, trying to find the right scan tool. have an older one already, reads OBDII, i can view live data except the cam offset. dealer wants quite a bit to hook up and check it for me, but i'd rather buy the scanner myself, in case i need it again. anyone know of a good scan tool that will actually read the cam/crank offset (timing)? mine tells me the ign advance, that's it. pulls code 1345, which has something to do with cam offset, but i need to know if my setup is set right. ideas? thoughts? my apologies if i'm posted in the wrong section.
Old January 7th, 2010, 9:09 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does you scanner show cam retard? Any snap on scanner will show you what you need. You should be able to set a old mt2500 cheap, just make sure it is updated all the way. There are tons of them on ebay now.
Old January 7th, 2010, 9:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

no, mine shows nothing with timing or cam offset. that's what i'm looking for. a good scanner that does show this. thanks for input. i'll check it out.