Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Help! 92 Chevy K1500 4.3l v6

Old July 7th, 2019, 12:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! 92 Chevy K1500 4.3l v6

So. I was in the process of replacing my dash board. Took the dash out of it. Everything. Well I didnít have another vehicle to drive so I hooked the lights back up and the instrument panel back up but just had everything kinda propped up. I hit a bump and knocked my Instrument Panel against the firewall. After a couple seconds I notice smoke coming from it. I re-positioned it and had no other problems. A couple miles down the highway I noticed now my voltage gauge wasnít reading anything. When I got out and then went to get back in and start the truck the battery was dead. Jumped it off after letting it charge for a couple minutes. Ran for about 15 minutes and then died again. So I did a voltage test and there was absolutely no voltage coming from the alternator. None. I know for a fact the battery was good. So I took the alternator off and went to buy a brand new one. Put it on. Still absolutely no voltage coming from the alternator, still voltage gauge on panel not reading anything either. Could I have burnt the voltage gauge part of the panel out and the voltage regulator is not reading anything so the alternator is not charging the battery??? Thanks in advanced.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: