Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

help with my 383 stroker!!

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2012, 1:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with my 383 stroker!!

im having trouble with my 383 stroker
<hr style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" size="1"> <table border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td valign="top" width="100%"> i have a fresh built motor. its out of a 72 vette. it has had a stroker kit put in to make it a 383, the heads have been ported and polished and it has a mild cam in it. last fall after i got the motor in the car it ran good. this spring when i started it it has a knock or clatter to it for about 30 secs then it goes away. i believe that's just rocker arm adjustment but im not 100% sure yet untill i take the valve covers off. im also running a edelbrock pro-flo fuel injection system on it. (the 1st gen) but i cant get any power out of it. i have a feeling the injectors are clogged so for a experiment im putting a holley intake on it with a vacume advance distributer. i have two carbs to try out, a holley 4175 or a edelbrock 1406. i dont know what one would be better for this motor. any help or suggestions on what direction to take would be a great help. that you !! </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top"> Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad! </td></tr></tbody></table>