Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Hi everybody

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2009, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi everybody

I have a 2005 silverado with a 4.3 with a 4l60e trans. It would not shift good in third and in fourth. Pulled up codes said shift silonids so i changed them both then it goes to failsafe mode will only shift in third unless i go to 1 and then it will go but will not shift into to second or fourth. Some guy said it could be the ignition switch any help will be nice thanks for your time.
Old October 28th, 2009, 8:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not Good with tranys. But How about a filter And fluid change? Have you checked and cleaned all electrical connections? A low voltage signal may cause a sluggish shift. Hope this gives you some Ideas.
Old October 28th, 2009, 8:55 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There was a period of time when GM trucks would drop the power circuit for the trans from the ignition switch. I think your truck maybe a little to new but it may still be possible. You need to have the power checked into the shift solenoids. You also can have the line pressure checked on the trans to see if it is an internal trans problem.