Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

How to do a delete pipe in place of catalytic converter chevy prizm 99 Read more:

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2014, 9:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to do a delete pipe in place of catalytic converter chevy prizm 99 Read more:

Called chevy and they said that the pipe is 2 inches. so is that 2 inches inside or outside?

So someone told me to use either 2 and 1/8 or 2 1/4 pipe. Which one will fit better? Also, I was going to use some muffler sealer (looks like white putty) to make sure everything works and clamp it on with U-straps (this is what someone told me to do)

So how would you do it? Which pipe... 2 1/8 or 2 1/4 ? and will it fit good?

also it would be cool to give me advice about cutting of the converter, do I just cut where the CC meets the exhuast pipe? Dont want to mess it up in case I want to put one back on

also is it going to matter what kind of pipe? i might have to use plumbing or other types to get the right size. could anything bad happen?
Old November 3rd, 2014, 7:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow really, it is that big? I would double check that size.