Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Hubcentric wheel spacers ???

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2017, 8:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hubcentric wheel spacers ???

Hopefully someone here can educated me on wheel spacers....
I've been reading a lot of article or posts online and I see a lot of guys installing hubcentric wheel spacers on their Silverado.
Just wondering are they safe or dangerous and why some reviews mention wheel spacers can cause vibrations ? Do they effect the stability of the vehicle in any way....?
last question,where I can get them, and how much a set of 4 costs?
Sorry for the rookie questions, and thanks to anyone that can help.
Old November 19th, 2017, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

In fact ,wheel spacers in themselves don't cause vibration,they are just increasing the cars sensitivity to a pre-existing problem.Wheel spacers could be magnifying an existing imbalance or out-of-round condition in a tires. Source from Why wheel spacers cause vibration and how to fix it?
Generally speaking,the price of 4 pieces aftermarket wheel spacers online does not exceed $80.00 ,you could buy it from 4wheelparts.com , Hexautoparts.com , wheeladapter.com and other online stores.
Hope that helps.
Old November 20th, 2017, 8:20 PM
CF Beginner

If you must use spacers, highly suggest hub-centric Only. Non hub-centric adapters basically allow it to not be perfectly centered, creating vibrations.