Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

I hope someone can help me with this...

Search this Thread

Old July 8th, 2006, 3:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hope someone can help me with this...

... I have an '05 colorado with the vortec 3.5L inline 5 engine.... Now, I'm looking into taking out the 3.5L and dropping in a small block 350. I don't know if this is at all possible, but if anyone could give me a hand on figureing it out, it would be greatly appreciated. I am planning on racing my truck and I am just trying to figure out if this will work... A buddy of mine told me that he has seen a 350ci engine under the hood of a 98 S-10. So I'm guessing it's possible. But I don't know if I'm going to have to cut out my firewall, fenderwells, etc. SO, if ANYONE can give me some info, it would be greatly appreciated.

The 3.5L is an ok engine, but I love speed and going fast... ha ha! As are most of the people on this site, right?! But, I heard Magna Charger.com is coming out with a SUPERCHARGER for the Colorado but it's still in the works. If all else fails, and the power gains from the SC are significant, and the engine swap isn't in the cards, then I will consider the supercharger.

If anyone has any clue on what's up with this matter, send me an e-mail to christopher.allan.deleon@us.army.mil. Thanks![][]