Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

identify this part.....

Search this Thread

Old October 16th, 2017, 3:24 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default identify this part.....

I have 1 1983 Chevrolet powered Southwind motor home. It drank 2 gallons antifreeze probably due to cracked intake and intake gaskets after purchasing it and driving it 10 yup 10 miles.
Heads have issues
#4 Piston destructed itself.. #4 Rod loose on Crank.
after 3 weeks of getting the oil pan off I find also "this"
and now i cannot turn it over by hand (bar on balancer bolt.
Engine mounts loose Auto trans mounts loose
driveline and e brake off
flushed the antifreeze out with kerosene then i found it had no antifreeze and 2 gallons of it in the oil After damage its only been turned over to do compression tests and leakdown tests.
I am assuming the main bearings are seized as well as piston bearings Being a Class A motor home i cannot pull the Block especially with out a major disassembly, Engine hoist etc.
So I either get it running or its a garden ornament.However the main issue is what is "This" that was in the oil pan (with rings, piston parts and debris) Looks like a keeper for something...
Attached Thumbnails identify this part.....-2017-10-16-01.43.35.jpg   identify this part.....-2017-10-16-01.43.48.jpg