Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Jerking while stopped

Search this Thread

Old November 30th, 2017, 9:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jerking while stopped

Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone can give me some insight on a problem I'm having. I have a 2015 automatic Cruze 72,000 miles. Occasionally when I'm stopped at a light my car jerks a bit and it feels like I'm stepping on and off the brakes but I'm not. Does anyone know what would cause this? Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by Jen Snodderley; November 30th, 2017 at 9:44 AM.
Old November 30th, 2017, 4:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This condition may be caused by the transmission Neutral Idle feature. When the service brakes are applied and the vehicle speed, throttle position, and transmission temperature are within the calibration defined limits, the TCM commands the transmission to Neutral. When the concern occurs, move the transmission shift lever to the manual position.
Moving the transmission shift lever to the manual shift position will prevent the Neutral Idle feature from functioning.If the concern is eliminated by moving the transmission shift lever to the manual position, it is caused by the Neutral Idle feature and variation in the 1-2-3-4 clutch fiber plates. The 1-2-3-4 clutch fiber plates should be replaced.