Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Low tire pressure

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2022, 3:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low tire pressure

I bought my Equinox used with 48000 mile on it. The only problem I have concerns the tire pressure in 2 tires. After three weeks of owning this vehicle, the indicator light cam on showing low air pressure. I filled it to the recommended pressure and drove on. This happens every 3 weeks on the same 2 tires. I decided that maybe the Michelin tires could be the problem so I bought 4 new tires to replace the old. Every 3 weeks, the same tires go low on me. I had the dealers service mechanics check it out and they could find no leaks in the tires nor the wheels. Now I am coming to the real experts here, is anyone else having or had this problem? What was the solution? Thank you in advance.
Old May 14th, 2022, 4:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 213 Likes on 187 Posts

Are they reading low on an accurate guage - then they are losing air and need to have whoever put on the tires make it right. Otherwise, it's a problem with the pressure sensor.
Old May 16th, 2022, 8:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for replying. The monitor seems to be accurate with the actual pressure in the tires. When I check it with a gauge it is within a pound. So that is all confirmed. So my question would be why am I losing air. The service department can not find a leak in the tire nor the rims. I bought the vehicle in 2019 and I noticed this happening about every 2 weeks. I figured maybe the tires are crap seeing they are Michelin stock tires. So I bought new ones and had Firestone put them on. The exact same thing is happening and on the same wheels as before. Just trying to see if it is just me and my vehicle or is this something happening across the board with 2016 Chevrolet Equinox.

Thanks again.