Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Malibu 2003 stalls as soon as gas pedal released all speeds

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2014, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Malibu 2003 stalls as soon as gas pedal released all speeds

Newbie here, granddaughters 03 w/3.1 stalls as soon as gas pedal released. No codes. Will drive fine as long as pedal pressed, dies as soon as gas released. All speeds. Has new tps and iac etc. cannot locate any vac leaks. Appears to be getting fuel fine. The NO code part is what has me baffled.

Any tips or suggestions would really be appreciated.

I just replaced the IAC and TPS and vehicle ran fine for appx 60 miles and the started the no idle condition again. The original IAC was bad. Ar the time of replacement cleaned throttle body etc. I will replace the IAC with another BWD IAC to see if new one was defective. Still no codes so I am at a loss for the no idle condition other than the IAC.
If anyone has any tips other than was I have tried I sure would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks
Wino454

Last edited by wino454; August 17th, 2014 at 1:55 PM. Reason: IAC and TPS sensors replaced