Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Marinize LS1

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2021, 3:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marinize LS1

Hi, I have a Chevy LS1 motor out of a Commodore Automatic 4WD and want to put it in my ski boat. It has a cable operated throttle body. I have seen a marinized version of the LS1 in a ski boat and it uses a MAF sensor and no oxygen sensors.

Please is someone able to tell me how to set up my motor to work the same. At a pinch I may be able to run the pre catalytic oxygen sensors, but I have read that there may be a problem with steam.
Old May 17th, 2021, 5:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

I have been researching how to marinize my LS1 and have found out that LS1s can run well in open loop. Correct me if I have got this wrong, as I understand it if the computer does not get an input from the oxygen sensors it will run in open loop.

From what I believe this just means that the motor will run a little rich. I suppose that would still be better than a conventional carby setup.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.