Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

misfire

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2015, 6:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default misfire

I got a 2006 chev Silverado, 2 wd, i'm ready to blow up this motor. I have changed so many parts on this piece of ****. I changed the distributer, cap, rotor button, plugs wires, spark plugs, map sensor , mass overflow, heating sensor, the calalca converter, spelled wrong, still have the spit and sputter and black smoke coming out.. I am at my end with this chev, will never invest in another chev. anyone know what else could be thanks
Old November 20th, 2015, 8:26 PM
CF Veteran

if its smoking theres a bigger issue than a tune up. Throwing parts at it and getting mad at the truck isn't going to fix or help anything. Contrary to popular belief being a technician isn't easy. What codes has it had? What compression do you have? Smoke constantly or just sometimes?
Old November 22nd, 2015, 4:45 PM
CF Active Member

black smoke indicates its running rich,could be a faulty fuel regulator not regulating the fuel to the proper pressure.could also be a bad egr valve.i have seen bad egrs cause stumbling,black smoke and rough idle.have you checked your egr valve and fuel pressure.you have changed alot of parts and maybe you didn,t need them replaced.i know you got to start some where.some times its better to bring it to a mechanic and have it checked out.by bringing your vehicle to a mechanic can save you alot of money down the road.