Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Misfiring

Search this Thread

Old January 21st, 2014, 7:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfiring

Ok I'm new here I hope somebody can help me. I got a 96 Silverado with the 5.7, I bought it off of a buddy of mine and he told me he had a little miss in it, I didn't think it was a big deal until I put all new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, fuel filter, o2 sensor on it and it still misses out. I put fuel injector cleaner in it twice still missing out. I took it to a shop to see what was wrong and they said it was 16 degrees out of time, so they timed it and inspected the distributer, still shows cylinder 4 misfire. The guy at the shop said the only thing he can think of is intake leak somewhere but he couldn't find it, and it doesn't leak a drop of coolant. It seems to be at its worst when it shifts into overdrive and just falls on its face, if anybody can help me I would appreciate it, thanks.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 9:45 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you had the compression checked on the cylinders? If you have a cylinder with low compression then that cylinder will not be producing the energy required to make the engine run correctly.

Do you have any trouble codes that show up or does the check engine light ever come on?
Old January 22nd, 2014, 4:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I haven't had the compression checked on it, and the only codes that show up is cylinder 4 misfire bank 2 sensor 2 o2 sensor. If I clear the codes on it the o2 sensor comes back like instantly but sometimes the cylinder 4 misfire wont come back for a good while but still don't run good.