Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Model Year of Beat(spark)

Search this Thread

Old October 11th, 2013, 9:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Model Year of Beat(spark)

I am writing from India of my problem that General Motor India are selling Old model year Beat Diesel of 2012 model year (in your country US, Beat is known as Spark)or may be have error in their VIN MA6BFBHNDCT067363 of Beat Diesel or GMIL had production in 2012 of Beat Diesel in large scale in india and due to slump in Auto market in India from 2012,Gm selling 2012 model year in 2013.When I asked GMIL india for this,Then GMIL replied unsatisfactory (look trailing mails below)In our country India GM confirmed that they had changed pattern of identify VIN in feb 2011 Now 7th character of VIN represents month,9th character of VIN represents production year,and 10th character of VIN represents Model Year.-Month Chart-A=JAN,B=Feb,C=March continues(note: I is not use) and In years A=2010,B=2011,C=2012,D=2013.GM india selling Beat Diesel that by telling Production year is manufacturer year.How this possible ?But GM india are silent to explain these three question. look below trailing email from Bottom to top and please provide your opinion(full explain) in this query that Gm failed to answer these question
1.Why your All Beat Diesel are of 2012 Model year as per VIN? VIN MA6BFBHNDCT067363
2.Is this possible production year is later than model year?
3.can you please provide me Beat Diesel of 10th character =D=2013=Model year?

Dear Mr. Chauhan,
From GM
This is with reference to your email appended below addressed to our Director Sales – Mr. Vikas Jain and your recent mails to various officials of our company.

With regards to your previous query, we’ve already responded to your query regarding VIN details thru our email dated – 13/09/13. Here, you would appreciate that Mr. Puneet Sethi from our Area Office team and Sales Team from Triumph Auto have tried providing all possible support and have tried to address all your apprehensions regarding Production and Model year. In spite of their efforts, we understand you chose to take a refund of the money deposited towards vehicle booking

Once again we would like to inform you that Model Year (Digit 10) of the VIN no. is internal to any organization, it is as per our Global norms. So, the vehicle available at our Dealer premises would have may be of model year 2012, but as indicated with the 9th digit all are manufactured in the year 2013.

Therefore, you are requested not to have any apprehensions regarding the same. Also, we are once again requesting our Sales Manager from Triumph Auto to get in touch with you and provide necessary assistance required.

Regards

Harpreet Kaur

Manager Customer Assistance Center

0124-3080114

----- Forwarded by Vikas Jain/IN/GM/GMC on 09/30/2013 03:21 PM -----

To: "vikas.jain@gm.com" <vikas.jain@gm.com>
Date: 09/29/2013 08:06 PM
Subject: GMIL:I need latest model year Beat DIESEL of 2013 whose 10th character=D=2013 or Kindly provide extra discount of 2012 model year Beat Diesel.I hope you will be considered.

Dear Most Respected Sir, here I am sending you my problem and I have already sent to some senior's officer of GM like you but my problem has not been solved yet.Now please comes to my problem Sir,I am in business of Automobiles from 12 years,Sir when I visited your Chevy dealers of Delhi area with one my friend for buying Beat Diesel.I got all have old model year(2012) Beat Diesel example MA6BFBHNDCT067363. .How I identified Beat Diesel of 2012 Model year .Sir as already confirmed by GMIL that from Feb 2011 you(Gm) had changed pattern of identify of VIN.Now 7th character of VIN represents month,9th character of VIN represents production year,and 10th character of VIN represents Model Year.-Month Chart-A=JAN,B=Feb,C=March continues(note: I is not use) and In years A=2010,B=2011,C=2012,D=2013.

Sir In your all Beat Diesel I got/found 9th character =D=2013=Production year and 10th character=C=2012=Model year
Note I had also checked your vehicles,Beat patrol,Spark,sail,Enjoy All are 2013 Model Year except Beat Diesel.
Sir No one has intimate me yet of this above that Why your Beat Diesel are of 2012 Model year as per VIN?

Sir from that day I am working in this issue(Because of insufficient reply from your end(GM) that our vehicle is 2013.)
and Now I comes to this point that as per myself and as per recorded evidence your vehicle BEAT DIESEL is absolutely 2012 model year.
IN your Beat Diesel production year(2013) is later than Model Year (2012.)This is very interesting.
I have seen many cars their production year = model years,In some cases production year is earlier than Model year But never seen production year is later than model year that is in your Beat Diesel Only.

Your all vehicle like Beat Patrol ,spark,Sail enjoy,etc are latest Model 2013 as Per VIN NO.
Sir I have some question in my mind that and Here I expect you will provide answer me.

1.Why your Beat Diesel are of 2012 Model year as per VIN?
2.Is this possible production year is later than model year?
3.can you please provide me Beat Diesel of 10th character =D=2013=Model year?

I need latest model year Beat DIESEL of 2013 whose 10th character=D=2013 or Kindly provide extra discount of 2012 model year Beat Diesel.I hope you will be considered.

"It is said in Gita, that 'all glorious and strong persons are parts of God and our problems will disappear if we will reach to them.'

Regards
Harish Chauhan