Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

More Celebrity Woes

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2015, 9:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Celebrity Woes

My daughter came home and said her car was leaking something. When asked what color, she said 'Red". I thought nothing really of that one. Being a 1986 Celebrity with the 2.4L, trans or steering fluid drips, no big deal.
Last night, my neighbor told me the car was leaking gas and could smell it from across the street..
Well, gas tank is rusted through under the mounting straps. Ordered a new tank ($80 new vs. $90 uesd from the jy), new straps, new fuel pump, new sending unit.. Completely new everything. While it is being changes, I also have a new filter to go in. Probably going to have to replace fuel lines as well. Got the everything (Tank, pump, straps, filter and sending unit for $150)
Spending a lot of money fixing up a $400 car! Sheesh
Old April 6th, 2015, 12:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Parts are in and it will be off to a mechanic to do the work tomorrow.. $160 for all the parts and $100 labor. Sounds pretty fair to me
Old April 10th, 2015, 9:34 AM
CF Junior Member

looks like it will need all the fuel lines as well, plus the bolts on the straps are totally rusted to the body and will have to be extracted!! Yikes. Anyway, still should be about $180 in labor. I am thinking that still isn't too bad